Sunday, October 17, 2010

Christian Values.... Close Minded?

      Upsets me when people think that because I am Christian my values are closed minded and discriminatory. If I dont agree with your lifestyle it doesn't mean I hate you, or I don't love you, or what have you. It means I dont agree. Honestly I don't agree with the homosexuality lifestyle. My reason? (Besides what the bible says)  You know some people have issues with lust, some with lying, some with being selfish. Like all sins its something we have to learn to overcome. Christ says so! We are ALL sinners and as much as people like to disagree one sin is as bad as another. WE have put the levels on evilness on it. So just as I have to fight daily to keep my selfishness under control and someone who deals with alcoholism has to fight their urges, so do people who fight homosexual tendencies.  I DO NOT believe that God makes people homosexual. I DO BELIEVE that people fight with un-natural urges. 


     Its the same that some people tell me im close minded because I believe that marriage is in between ONE MAN and ONE WOMEN. Marriage is a biblical "ritual" if you want to call it. Or the fact that I don't agree with divorce (outside of cases of abuse or adultery). 


I could say that I believe your values are closed minded because they close out MY VALUES. I believe in my values for a reason. And honestly im sure you believe in yours for a reason.





The one fact that I have noticed people forget about God is that he is the ULTIMATE in holiness. Which means SIN canNOT be around him. God is also a vengeful God. He is also Jealous. He wants you pure and holy. He IS loving and forgiving and merciful but what I have never understood is WHY would you play with those boundaries and "test" God's limits? Saying things like "God loves me as I am" and "God won't punish me for this" Who are YOU to say? 

We need to be THANKFUL that God is Merciful and Forgiving and not take advantage of it.

HOWEVER;



My Job is NOT to judge. My job is to love others like myself and to Love my neighbor. And I try to. I try to understand that I can't judge people. That what goes on in their life is in between them and God. I know that  I have issues and sins that I deal with on a daily basis. So why would I judge when I can be judged just as harshly? The fact is us humans have something called free choice. Which means we can CHOOSE to not serve God. So as much as it bothers me at times to see people that once served God with their full heart now renouncing him, I have to take a step back and realize... it's not my choice. IT IS however my choice to love them and leave the rest up to God. A good motto I have learned is: 


Hate the Sin Love the Sinner. 


You can pray for the people you love and always be there for them!


I know this post seems kind of random but something I saw earlier on facebook kind of set me off. Now this is not aimed at any person, this was not to be judgmental and is not to be taken as so. These are my thoughts on the matter. These are my BELIEFS on the matter. So I am asking the same thing I do to you, read it, agree/disagree as you will, and move on. If you want to discuss it in a civil manner I am willing to. But no personal attacks or attacks on my personal beliefs.


For those wondering here are the following scripture verses that I am referring to:
 Gen 19:5-8: and they called to Lot and said to him, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.' But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, and said, 'Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly.'

Jude 7 "Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."
 The above are not as direct as below


Lev 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

No comments:

Post a Comment