Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Review: Sunrise on the Battery

Sunrise on the Battery
I just finished Sunrise on the Battery by Beth Webb Hart. This book is about a couple that is living the life they have always dreamed. Social Status, wealth and privilege when during a run Mary Lynn hurts her leg, is prayed for and healed. She then finds her relationship with God she had forgot existed. She then begins praying for her husband and children to find God. Her husband Jackson does find God, but goes on the extreme by giving away tons of money, street witnessing and inviting poor and desperate people into their home. Its a question as to whether or not Mary Lynn and Jackson can make this new life work.

This book had a good basis to it, but was slow and hard to follow at times. The skipping from character to character made a hard read, and the story line was not very smooth. There were a few times I really did get into the story, but as soon as that happened, the author would switch characters. I think it did outline the two very different conversions (or re-dedications) that you see. The gradual and the immediate dramatic. The other thing I noticed was the ending was very brief and sudden. You finished the last page and kept looking for more. I think this book would have been an easier read if they focused on one maybe two characters at the most, the extra characters thrown in made the book confusing. I also think the ending should have been a little more drawn out with more information.

Disclosure: I received a complementary copy of Sunrise on the Battery from Booksneeze.com blogger program in exchange for a review and I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment